Aug 22, 2017
Thomas Cook returns to Tunisia
Travel company Thomas Cook has resumed selling holidays in Tunisia to Britons for the first time since the attack at a resort in Sousse in 2015. The FCO previously advised avoiding all but essential visits following the June 2015 beach attack, which killed 38 people, including 30 British tourists. Thomas Cook said safety was its "First priority" in its sales to customers. Carol MacKenzie, Thomas Cook's head of customer welfare, said the firm followed government advice on where it offered flights and holidays, since "They are the experts in security". Thomas Cook did not stop selling trips to French, German and Belgian holidaymakers after the Sousse attack as their governments did not recommend against visiting Tunisia.
Make a complaint about Thomas Cook by viewing their customer service contacts.