Dec 9, 2018
O2 'to seek millions' in damages over data outage
Mobile operator O2 is understood to be seeking millions in damages from supplier Ericsson after last week's day-long data network collapse. O2 smartphone users were unable to use their mobile phone data last Thursday. Both firms have apologised for the issue and O2 has already set out how it plans to compensate customers. Pay As You Go customers will get 10% extra when they top up their phone in the new year or 10% off when they buy data for mobile broadband devices. O2 said voice calls were not affected by the problem, but some customers said they could not make calls or send texts either.
Make a complaint about O2 by viewing their customer service contacts.