Apr 14, 2020
Coronavirus: 20 suspected phone mast attacks over Easter
The UK's mobile networks have reported a further 20 cases of phone masts being targeted in suspected arson attacks over the Easter weekend. Mobile UK added it had received no reports of staff being targeted over the period. Mobile UK's announcement came hours after media regulator Ofcom said it was assessing comments made by ITV presenter Eamonn Holmes about 5G technology and coronavirus. The fire destroyed communications equipment used by the emergency services as well as three mobile phone network providers, the local fire service said. Recent attacks on telecoms infrastructure have not been limited to the UK. On Saturday, the newspaper De Telegraaf reported there had been four incidents in the Netherlands over the previous week.
Make a complaint about Vodafone by viewing their customer service contacts.