DWP (Department for work and Pensions)

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the largest government department in the United Kingdom, and is responsible for welfare and pension policy.

The Department has four operational organisations: Jobcentre Plus administers working age benefits such as Jobseeker's Allowance, and decides which claimants receive Employment and Support Allowance; the Pension Service which pays the Basic State Pension and Pension Credit and provides information on related issues; Disability and Carers Service which provides financial support to disabled people and their carers; and the Child Maintenance Group which provides the statutory Child Support Schemes, operating as the Child Support Agency and the Child Maintenance Service.

 How to complain about DWP (Department for work and Pensions)

You can contact DWP by phone, in person or by writing. When you contact DWP, please tell them:

  • your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
  • your full name, address and contact numbers
  • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
  • what you want to happen to put things right

 DWP (Department for work and Pensions) complaints contacts


Use this comments section to discuss problems you have had with DWP (Department for work and Pensions), or how they have handled your complaints. Initial complaints should be directed to DWP (Department for work and Pensions) directly. You can find contact details for DWP (Department for work and Pensions) above.

Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately. Please do not post any personal information relating to yourself, or employees of DWP (Department for work and Pensions) as these comments will not be approved.

Loading comments...