Jun 28, 2017

Dixons Carphone reports record full-year profits

Dixons Carphone's annual profit has surpassed £500m for the first time, following a "Good year" for the Currys and PC World owner. The firm, formed through a merger of Dixons and Carphone Warehouse in 2014, said income rose by 10% to £501m. In the UK, Dixons Carphone said demand for electricals was "Solid", in particular computing and white goods. It helped offset a "More challenging" mobile market, affected by Samsung's exploding Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. Commenting on its results for the year to 29 April, Dixons Carphone said that in the UK and Ireland, "The mobile market was more challenging due to product safety and supply issues, limited product innovation and delays in product launches". Total sales for the region, which is Dixon Carphone's largest region, rose by 2% to £6.5bn. Total sales for the entire group rose by 3% to £10.5bn. In the Nordics and Southern Europe, revenues increased by 5% and 4% respectively.

Read the full story

 Related companies

Make a complaint about Currys, Dixons Carphone or PC World by viewing their customer service contacts.