Dec 7, 2017

Primark remove 'dangerous' Christmas candle from sale

A picture of a Primark candle bursting into flames has gone viral, after a mother-of-three took to Facebook to raise awareness of the potential hazard. Jenny Ferneyhough purchased the £5 candle - which she said developed into "Massive flames" after an hour of burning - in Manchester on Saturday. Mrs Ferneyhough, a Manchester City Council benefits officer, said she lit the candle - in the shape of a Christmas tree - after putting her three children to bed. She said the flame had spread from the wick to the whole candle within an hour. Speaking to the BBC, she added that she was especially concerned about people lighting the candle "Around neighbouring decorations" during the festive period.

Read the full story

 Related companies

Make a complaint about Primark by viewing their customer service contacts.