Oct 7, 2018

Pret a Manger confirms second allergy death

PA A second customer died from an allergic reaction to a product bought from Pret a Manger, the chain has confirmed. The case follows the inquest into the death of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, 15, who went into cardiac arrest after eating a Pret baguette in 2016. Pret said the yoghurt in the product was supplied by Coyo, a coconut milk brand which is stocked in shops and supermarkets across the UK. The chain said it withdrew all affected products as soon as it was made aware of the incident by Bath and North East Somerset Council. A spokesman said subsequent testing by Pret and two independent authorities found the Coyo dairy-free yoghurt contained traces of dairy protein. On Wednesday Pret announced it would list all ingredients on its freshly made products following the death of Ms Ednan-Laperouse.

Read the full story

 Related companies

Make a complaint about Pret a Manger by viewing their customer service contacts.