Feb 11, 2020
Coronavirus: Facebook and Intel ditch MWC tech show
Facebook and Intel have become the latest big tech firms to announce they are withdrawing from MWC in Barcelona, citing concerns about coronavirus. So far the GSMA has said MWC will still go ahead. However, one contact in the telecoms sector told the BBC that today was likely to be "a decisive day" for other firms contemplating dropping out. Intel explained its decision to pull out: "The safety and wellbeing of all our employees and partners is our top priority, and we have withdrawn from this year's Mobile World Congress out of an abundance of caution." PR firm Hoffman Agency said it had clients which had dropped out but it was still attending MWC with others - and was looking into ways in which companies that had pulled out could recycle any promotional material and merchandise created for the show. One person described the tech firms' reactions as "Hysterical".
Make a complaint about Facebook by viewing their customer service contacts.