Sep 22, 2022

Pret a Manger customer had fatal reaction to 'vegan' wrap

Celia Marsh died after eating the super veg rainbow flatbread while shopping with her family in Bath in 2017.The coconut yoghurt dressing had been cross-contaminated with milk protein during manufacture, the coroner said. Image source, Celia Marsh Family / SWNS. Ms Voison said Mrs Marsh had suffered an anaphylactic shock after eating the wrap. In her verdict, Ms Voisin said: "Celia Marsh was not aware the wrap contained milk protein." Image source, Celia Marsh Family / SWNS. The coconut yoghurt used as dressing came from Australian brand CoYo, and was licensed for manufacture in the UK to British firm Planet Coconut. Mr Marsh, 51, who married Celia, a dental nurse, in 2007, said: "Celia meant the world to us. She could brighten up your worst days with just one smile."She would look at you with her blue eyes and you just felt better.

Read the full story

 Related companies

Make a complaint about Pret a Manger by viewing their customer service contacts.