Yorkshire Water Services Limited

Trading as Yorkshire Water

Registered in England with number 02366682.

Yorkshire Water is a water supply and treatment utility company servicing West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, the East Riding of Yorkshire, part of North Lincolnshire, most of North Yorkshire and part of Derbyshire, in England. The company has its origins in the Yorkshire Water Authority, one of ten regional water authorities created by the Water Act 1973, and privatised under the terms of the Water Act 1989, when Yorkshire Water plc, the parent company of the Yorkshire Water business, was floated on the London Stock Exchange. The parent company was Kelda Group in 1999. In February 2008, Kelda Group was bought by a consortium of infrastructure funds.

The company vision is "Taking responsibility for the water environment for good" and is supported by 6 strategic business objectives, Trusted Company; Safe Water; Water Efficient Regions; Excellent Rivers, Catchments & Coasts Sustainable Resources; Strong Financial Foundations.

 How to complain about Yorkshire Water

Stage One - Customer Care Team

We'll hand your call to our Customer Resolution Manager and your letter or email to a specialist advisor in our Customer Care Team. This person will call you back to discuss the issue and set out how we plan to resolve it. They'll then personally look after your complaint, keeping you fully informed along the way until you're happy that the matter is resolved. We'll then confirm the outcome that we've agreed with you by telephone or in writing, within seven working days.

Stage Two - Escalation to senior manager

In the rare case that you remain unhappy and feel that we haven't resolved the matter to your satisfaction, you can choose to escalate it to an appropriate Senior Manager or Director who will review the case. They'll then write to you explaining the outcome of their review.

What happens if I'm still not happy?

If, having fully exhausted this process, we haven't resolved the complaint to your satisfaction, you may take your complaint to the Consumer Council for Water Northern (CCWater) who may act on your behalf to try to resolve your complaint with us. They are an independent body set up to protect your interests and to champion customer issues.

Get in touch with CCWater.

If you’re unhappy with the review from CCWater, you have the right to refer your case to the Water Industry Redress Scheme (WATRS).

If you would like to learn more about WATRS or make an application:

Call WATRS on 0207 520 3801
Write to WATRS at
International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street

WATRS are neutral arbitrators who will look at your case independently of Yorkshire Water and CCWater to try and reach a fair decision. This service is free to our customers. Guidance notes are available on the website or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you by telephoning 0207 520 3801.

 Yorkshire Water complaints contacts



Use this comments section to discuss problems you have had with Yorkshire Water, or how they have handled your complaints. Initial complaints should be directed to Yorkshire Water directly. You can find contact details for Yorkshire Water above.

Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately. Please do not post any personal information relating to yourself, or employees of Yorkshire Water as these comments will not be approved.

Loading comments...