Ofwat are a non-ministerial government department established in 1989 when the water and sewerage industry in England and Wales was privatised.

Ofwat are financed by licence fees that are recovered from the water companies and accountable to Parliament for the money we spend, also providing information to the Treasury, the National Audit Office and the Public Accounts Committee.

Ofwat do not generally deal with individual consumer complaints or enquiries about water companies or individual water bills.

The Consumer Council for Water is the statutory consumer body for the water sector in England and Wales. If you are concerned about your water bill or have a complaint about your water company, first discuss it with your water company. If you remain unhappy, you should contact the Consumer Council for Water.

 Ofwat complaints contacts

 Related Companies


Use this comments section to discuss problems you have had with Ofwat, or how they have handled your complaints. Initial complaints should be directed to Ofwat directly. You can find contact details for Ofwat above.

Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately. Please do not post any personal information relating to yourself, or employees of Ofwat as these comments will not be approved.

Loading comments...